Thursday, April 10, 2008

What I've been doing instead

A few people (I can't say several because I'm not that popular) have commented that I needed to update my blog. So this is what I've been doing instead of blogging. Our little "Sweetie" arrives in just about seven weeks and I still have much to do. I didn't have $200 to spend on a new crib set so I decided to make one. I'm not much of a seamstress so I was looking for one of those little panels that has a coordinating border and then you just quilt it. Well apparently they don't make those anymore. Everyone must piece those amazing and intricate quilts. While fabric shopping I found the cute pink polka dot piece. It is very me. And then I found a very easy pattern that swore you could make a quilt in an afternoon. I took the bait. It took me a bit more than an afternoon but really was easy. My mom helped me tie it, that took an evening and a bit of an afternoon. Then I hand bound it at night while watching TV for several nights. After that I launched into a crib bumper, again not to hard but it did take some time, and a snuggle blankie. My kids each have one of these microfiber fleece blankets, they are soooooooo soft. They still snuggle with them.
Now we just have to finish Abi's room downstairs, ie: finish scraping off the old texture, repair the walls, put in an egress window, trim and paint. That's all. Then I bought a dresser at DI for $15 yesterday that I'm going to refinish and double as a changing table. Plus I have a perennial garden to get ready in back of the house, prepare and plant my little vegetable garden boxes and clean out my flowerbed in the front. Not to mention rake the lawn and apply the humates. Whew!!! I'll try to update my blog a little more frequently but I can't promise anything.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such an over achiever! Good for you. I'm glad you are getting everything done. Let me know if you need any help. Love ya. Kalene

Aaron said...

Very cute. I am amazed every time I see your creations. How did you get so talented? Just wondering. ;)

Monk Family said...

Looks like everything is coming together. I love your quilt! looks like she will be a dainty little "sweetie". Good luck with all you have to do before the baby. Love, Nancy

Unknown said...

The crib set looks amazing!! You did an excellent job. I cant wait to see the newest addition to the family. Call if you ever need anything. Im home most of the time again.

Lisa