Pajama time at the Meek house:
Mom starts putting Eva's PJ shorts on.
Eva, kicking her legs and screaming,"No...Bob, No... Bob,"
Mom, very confused and frustrated finally catches on, "Oh, do you want your Sponge Bob PJ's?"
Eva smiling sings, "Bob, Poop Pants; Bob, Poop Pants."
Oh, we all got quite the laugh out of that one.
Sunday, July 14, 2013
Last year I planned a day trip to Crater's of the Moon that was derailed by a snowstorm. This year's trip started out a little sketchy but turned out great in the end. We adopted a family motto this summer, "Adventure is Out There" a line borrowed from the movie Up. No matter the circumstances of our outings, we are treating them as adventures.
It was a little windy as we headed up the Cinder Cone, but never fear, "Adventure is Out There."
It is so hard to believe that my little Eva turned 2. She follows Leah's lead in everything and so Eva is also really into Hello Kitty. I obliged the fandom with this fun cake.
Of course I think her favorite is this unicorn Pillow Pet that we bought her. She loves it and hugs it, rides it and sleeps with it. She also received a fun tea set from Uncle Eric, cute clothes from Aunt Sarah and Uncle Nate, a bubble set from Aunt Kalene and Uncle Brian, an animal carrying case with 3 animals from Nana Meek, and a new turtle night light from Nana and Papa Fife.
10 Things I Love About Eva
1. The bluest blue of her eyes. It is so bright and deep that pictures never do it justice.
2. Her happy smile. When playing, running or laughing, Eva's smile is of pure joy.
3. Her snuggles. They are getting rarer as she gets older but I love snuggling her when she wakes up from naps or early in the morning.
4. Her growly voice. I think she learned it from me, but when she is being funny or serious she gets this little growly voice that is way too low for such a sweet bubby.
5. How she adores her siblings. Abi is her second mom and she always wants to play with Abi. Tal is great for wrestling and rough housing. Leah is her favorite to follow around and mimic.
6. Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood is her favorite show. She can watch the entire season over and over.
7. Eva loves to be outside jumping on the trampoline, scootering or riding her trike, coloring with chalk or playing the the pool. She just loves the outdoors.
8. Eva loves music and dancing. When we bust out the music on Spotify while we do dishes, her favorite song is The Harlem Shake and boy, can she shake it.
9. Eva loves Nursery. To get ready for church I tell her it is Nursery Day and she will nearly jump into her dress. As we enter the church she beelines for the Nursery Doors and is sad that we have to go to sacrament meeting first. She adores her teacher Sister Miller.
10. Reading her stories. Eva enjoys board books, especially ones with pictures of babies, animals or that are Touch and Feel. We read the same ones over and over.
Towards the beginning of the year Kris came home with red clown noses and a bright idea: Taking pictures as The Meek Family Circus throughout the year. Unfortunately we kept forgetting to pull out our noses but then came the Ward Talent Show. The Young Women in our ward organized a Talent Show and Silent Auction fundraiser to raise money for Girl's Camp. Bei,ng such a musical family, of course we jumped right in. Leah was the conductor, Abi played cello, Eva the maracas, Kris the mouth harp, Tal the recorder and I followed up on piano. Each member played a little ditty for our warm up and then on Leah's 1-2-3 we all joined in on "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star." We brought down the house.
For our first camping adventure of the season we chose one of our favorite sites at Warm River Campground, outside of Ashton, Idaho. We headed up early Friday afternoon and luckily our favorite tent site was open. The last time we camped here, Leah who was 2 at the time, took an unexpected swim in the river. This time was not so exciting. After setting up our campsite and roasting our hot dogs we set out on a little hike to pass the time until marshmallow roasting.
Near the campground an old railroad track has been converted into an easy trail that follows along the river. We spotted a curious tepee shaped structure a couple of miles up the trail and made that our goal. Along the trail we discovered many large black beetles crawling along. Kris picked up one of the beetles and the kids each enjoyed letting it crawl over their hand and arms. Mom opted out.
Another favorite character was Coyote Capote. He gave the kids a jaw harp and taught us all to play it. Our kids were amazed at Kris's talent on the mouth harp. Mom had a much harder time getting the hang of it, but in the end I did get it to sing. Our adventure with the Mountain Men and Women was a wonderful start to what will hopefully be a great camping and adventurous summer.June 7-8, 2013
Happy birthday to my Leah Lulu. Leah has been in love with Pandas for a while now, she even has an imaginary pet panda named CheeChoo who shows up occasionally. She is also my little princess girl so she really wanted a Princess Panda cake.
10 Things About Leah
1. Leah remains my girly, girl.. She adores dressing up, wearing skirts, tutus, wings and crowns.
2. Her favorite color is still pink but "violet" not purple is making a run for it. She loves violet because it is a color in the rainbow songs, while purple is not.
3. This girl loves her TV. She has been running Netfix since she was about 2. She is only allotted 2 hours of "screen time" a day but she will sneak downstairs to watch shows when I am not looking. She loves CareBears and My Little Pony just as much as Fairly Odd Parents and Sponge Bob. She just finds a new cartoon and watches all of the episodes. Leah also loves playing games on the computer on the PBS kids website.
4. When watching TV Leah loves doing art projects and crafts. She loves to color, paint, cut, glue, and recently had become quite the little drawer. She loves drawing princesses with poofy dresses and long hair as well as pictures of our family.
5. When we go outside, Leah loves to ride her bike. Her stamina isn't great though so we are challenging her to ride from our house to the bridge this summer, 0.5 miles, without stopping. She also loves drawing with sidewalk chalk, jumping on the trampoline and playing with best friend Sam Hurley.
6. Leah loves fried eggs, macaroni and cheese, ramen, strawberries, cheese sticks, yogurt and chicken nuggets. She also has a sweet tooth and LOVES candy.
7. She is losing her baby teeth at an incredible clip. The top four that came in with weak enamel that flaked off, we have been able to save from fillings or caps. Hooray. She is great at letting me brush and put on her paste.
8. She continues to have the cutest little lisp and difficulty saying R's and L's. The lisp is accentuated by the loss of all of the baby teeth bu.t her Pediatrician says not to worry..
9. Leah is our little entertainer. She loves to sing and is one of the loudest in Primary. She sings herself and Eva to sleep nearly every night. She dances and twirls to Abi's piano practice. And Leah can tell the funniest, most amazing stories.
10. Leah loves her babies. The end of her bed is piled with stuffed animals, dolls, blankets and treasures. Each night she takes a cadre of different babies and toys to bed along with her Ladybug Pillow Pet, Pink Fuzzy Pillow, and normal cupcake pillow. It's almost hard to find our Leah in the bed.
May 27, 2013
May 2013, 23 months
Mrs. Dance and Leah
May 22, 2013
May 21, 2013
The male lion was out and strutting his stuff in the enclosure. We were excited to see him awake and active versus the snoozing lion we normally see later in the summer. I tried to get us with the lion, but alas, it was not to be.
May 20, 2013