Monday, July 14, 2008

Leah's Blessing

Our growing family
Leah is so adorable in her blessing dress.
We blessed Leah on July 6th. It was so wonderful to have family and friends attend. Her full name is Leah Meek. Our girls don't have middle names although Talmage has two. I know that it's not fair but I didn't have a middle name and I turned out relatively OK. We had a luncheon at our home afterward, 32 people, Whew!!! Leah wore the same blessing dress as Abi and I was suprised at how much she reminds me of Abi in it.
Leah is a sweet baby and we love her so much. She gets a little fussy at night, but everyone's entitled to a little fussiness. She loves for me to carry her around in the front pack. I ended up borrowing a pack from my sister, Kalene. It is a Kelty Kids Kangaroo and is a blessing. I put Leah in and she goes to sleep within minutes. Then I can do dishes, clean up or fold laundry. Bending over is a chore so sweeping is a little challenge. She goes to bed about 11:30 so I'm hoping to get her bedtime moved up soon. But she only wakes up about 2 times a night and we all sleep in in the morning.

5 comments:

Becca said...

I am sorry that we weren't there! She looked so beautiful! I got to hold her yesterday at church and loved it!!!! She was so sweet!

Janet said...

Beautiful baby girl! I had to show Brad the baby pics. It's fun to see that you had the baby 'cause you were still prego last time I saw you! Nice work!

Kirsten said...

Love love love her hair! So fun!

gina said...

You have an adorable family! I love that you had her blessed in the same dress as Abi. Emery was blessed in the same dress that I was blessed in. I'm very sentimental that way.

melissabastow said...

I was "blog hopping" and came across yours - I hope it's ok for me to look! Your baby is adorable! She looks gorgeous in her blessing dress. We had a baby girl only a few weeks before you. I think girls are fun - boys don't get to wear headbands (well, not without public critism that is.)