Sunday, October 18, 2009

Ten amazing years and counting

This past September 17th, Kris and I celebrated our 10th anniversary. Now I don't have a scanner so I can't post a photo from our wedding, but trust me, we were really good looking :) And here we are ten years later with 3 kids, a mortgage and a minivan. And life, love and marriage are better than we every dreamed it would be. We celebrated with a Stay-cation. We sent our kids to my parents for the weekend and we stayed at our house. If you haven't tried it, it's FANTASTIC. We ate out at places we've wanted to try, we went golfing, we went to all the stores we have wanted to go to, we went to a late movie, stayed up late, slept in late, and thoroughly enjoyed just being together.

Milestones always make me reflect and our anniversary made me think about what an amazing husband I have and how grateful I am for our marriage. As a tribute to my darling husband:
Ten Things I Love About You
  1. Kris went grocery shopping for me the other night - coupons and everything.
  2. Kris fixed our toilets yesterday and does all of the other handyman jobs around the house.
  3. He washes the dishes for me nearly every night.
  4. He brought home a chick flick from the Redbox that he knew I had been wanting to watch.
  5. He bought me jelly beans at the grocery store because he knows how much I love them.
  6. He brings me home the flowers from work.
  7. He sacrifices buying things he wants - like a motorbike - for things that I want.
  8. He suggested that we read Conference talks together for scripture study and that we go to the temple more often.
  9. He got up with the kids on Saturday morning and let me sleep in.
  10. He is my best friend, my confidant, my lover - amazing by the way, a wonderful father to our children, and the person I fall more and more in love with every day.

No comments: