Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Wrapping Up November Blessings 25-30

Blessing #25 - Being a Stay At Home Mom. Now it took me many years to believe that it was better to stay home than to be at work, but now I can't imagine trying to work and take care of my family. I am so grateful for my husband and his job which let me spend time doing fun things like making our first ever pie with Abi. It is a pumpkin pie and it turned out pretty good.
Blessing #26 - My Activity Day Girls. I've said it before, but I have the best calling in the church. My girls are fun, beautiful, smart, cheerful and a load of laughs. ( Even if they think that my frosty pink nails are "old ladyish.") We had a really good time learning how to do manicures from Camille. Two weeks later the girls gave service by giving manicures to a couple of shut-in ladies in our ward.

Blessing #27 - Living close to family. I enjoy the closeness most at the holidays when we get to be with them rather than being far away. I appreciate my mom being able to babysit for us on occasion. I am glad we can visit our Nanas and Papa on Sunday afternoons. I really appreciate all of the help, meals and love we enjoy.

Blessing # 28 - Music. Nothing sets the mood like music. I love being able to listen to Sunday music on Sunday to get me in the mood for church. I love playing Christmas music to put me in the holiday spirit. I love listening to my kids practice the piano. I love playing the piano ( in the rare moment) I get the chance.

Blessing #29 - Modern Conveniences. Our power was out for 2 hours on Sunday. Somehow, it takes the removal of a blessing to make you aware of it in your life. I am thankful for electricity, and heat, for running water and indoor plumbing. I am thankful for a grocery store down the road and a refrigerator and freezer in which to keep our food. I am thankful for our cars to take us around town and anywhere else we need to go. We are truly spoiled.

Blessing#30 - Family Home Evening. Monday nights we gather as a family and spend time together. We usually sing songs and open with a prayer. Currently we sing "Popcorn Popping" and "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" for Leah because she loves the actions. Then we have a story or lesson. If I start a story from The Friend, Kris usually has to end it because they always make me cry. ( My husband and kids make fun of me.) Then we have an activity and treats. Yesterday we made our annual Gingerbread House. I hadn't read the instructions so I was unaware that with this particular kit you were supposed to let the icing dry 2 hours after constructing the house before decorating. Well.... we didn't really have time, so HOT GLUE to the rescue. We covered it up with icing and it looks as cute as ever.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

So fun to read about all your blessings. We need another girls time out sometime - that is one of my favorite blessings. I can't believe how big Leah is getting -cutie!!