Thursday, February 4, 2010

Little Bits of Fun

Over Christmas break we took advantage of a snowstorm to hit the sledding hill at Community Park. This was Leah's first time sledding and she loved it. She would take turns riding down with Abi and Tal. Even Mom and Dad went a couple of times. In this pic Abi and Tal are getting ready for a race down the hill. The boogie sled is faster but the red plastic sled goes farther. The rough part is that Mom or Dad has to walk down the hill to then carry Leah back up the hill. :)

Tal earned his orange belt on his first week back at Tae Kwon Do after the Christmas break. He is so proud of himself and we are proud of him. Tal is learning to focus and follow directions more. Tae Kwon Do is also helping him learn respect and listening skills.

Just so you know, I AM THE COOLEST WIFE EVER!!!
Yes, that is my husband at his first ever NBA game. I bought him tickets to see LeBron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers play the Utah Jazz for Christmas. I totally surprised him, he thought he was just getting shoes. We got down close during warm-ups but when it was game time.....
Yes, that is us up in the nose bleed section. It was also my first time buying NBA tickets and I totally got ripped off by a second party seller. The game was intense and unfortunately the Cavs lost on a last second shot by the Jazz. But we had a great time and Kris said that "It was the best Christmas present that [he's] had in a long time." Big thanks to Uncle Eric and Camille for watching our kids while we made a quick trip to Utah and back.
Redecorating Tal's room was on my to do list for July. OK, I'm a little late. I repainted his dresser, painted his walls, bought the posters, sewed the pillow and drapes over the summer but the shelf got put on hold. This fall Kris and my dad built the awesome window shelf to hold all of Tal's Lego creations. And finally in January I got around to painting it and putting up the drapes. Tal is thrilled and I'll admit, I'm quite impressed with the final result.

4 comments:

funkytownfamily said...

I especially love the adorable pic of Tal. What a cute boy! Please let him know how proud of him Uncle Nate and I are of him as well. Way to go on the NBA tickets! I wish I could think of something as cool for my hubby! :) Just goes to show how amazing you are!

Ranay said...

You ARE the coolest wife ever! And I'll have to see an up-close view of Tal's room - it looks great!

Becca said...

Very nice!! Love redos! I especially love the shelf over the window! Great idea!

Nicole said...

Great job on the room Donnalee - at least it got done!!! You are a great wife and it was a good game I heard! Also, I PhotoScape to do my collages - it is free to download.