Sunday, April 11, 2010

Snow Day

Yes, I said "Snow Day!!!" Tuesday morning I was willing myself out of bed after my alarm went off when Kris called to inform me that school was canceled because of snow. "What!!!" I said. But this look out my front window told me why. Absolutely crazy that our only snow day of the winter comes on April 6th.
To add insult to injury as I checked my e-mail that morning I had a notice from Henry Fields Nursery that my flowers had shipped. Fine time I would have trying to plant them in this.
We took advantage of the day though. I went back to bed and slept in until Leah woke up after 8:00. Then after breakfast my kids put on their snow clothes over their PJ's and went out to play.
Tal pegged me with a few snow balls.
Leah was delighted by the "now, now" and loves wearing her boots. I had to drag her kicking and screaming into the house later.
Abi was a great helper trying to clear the heavy wet snow off the driveway. By the afternoon though most of it had melted and we were back to normal the next day.

No comments: