Saturday, January 1, 2011

Don't let this face fool you

Our little Leah Meek is "M" for mischievous. She is 2 going on trouble most days. This last week she has had a bit of a cold so before bedtime and naps I have been rubbing a little Vicks Vapor Rub for babies on her chest. I did this on Thursday just before her nap and then put her down. She went to sleep really well and then seemed to sleep for a long time. When I finally opened her door to check on her, I met the Grease Monster from the Vicks Lagoon lying in her bed. She had used a good 3/4 of the jar to coat her hair, her face, her bed, the night light turtle, her books, her toy cars and many other things in the room. Even after 2 baths and 6 hair washings with Dawn dish soap she has extremely shiny and smooth hair. When Kris called her a "Slick Leah" she retorted, "I not Slick Leah, I look like daddy." Well....

The next night was Friday New Year's Eve. We had a great party with our kids playing games and stuffing ourselves with treats. At early midnight ( 9 o'clock) we tooted our horns, pulled our poppers and unfurled our streamers. What fun!!! Then we got our kids settled and into bed so mom and dad could play games with a couple of friends. Leah had been in bed for a while when she called out "Mommy, I need you," but then quieted down so I didn't go check on her. About 20 minutes later I heard "Mommy, I need you," again and again. When I entered Leah's room she said "I put my key in my mouth and I can't get it out" as she stuck a finger down her throat. Panic gripped my heart as I remembered the little luggage type key she had been playing with earlier. After Kris and I tore her room and bed apart looking for the key we came to believe Leah when she told us "I put it in my mouth and now it is in my belly." Aaaahhh. Then she covered her face in her hands and said "Oh, my key, I miss him soooo much." I lost it right there, laughing the silent, tear streaming, body shaking belly laugh of hilarity. Oh Leah, what do we do with you. She didn't seem to be in any physical distress so we gave her a few drinks of water and are now biding our time and combing through the you know, waiting for the key to pass. It's a good thing she is so cute.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

What a fun Christmas - everyone looked satisfied and happy with their gifts. I am so glad to hear stories about Leah and glad you are writing them down - they are worth remembering- so funny!