Wednesday, February 25, 2015

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I just loved decorating our new home for Christmas.  I finally have room to display my nativity collection.  Sarah and I made a new advent calendar to tell the stories of Christ as we count down to his birth.  

The Stake Center next to the Idaho Falls Temple hosted a "Journey to Bethlehem" evening where the kids I learned more about Bethlehem and what life was like at the time of Christ's birth.  We made dreidels, ornaments and oil lamps; ate oranges, raisins and bread; listened to the story of Christ's birth and learned to write our names in Hebrew.
Outside the church they even had live camels and goats that the kids got to pet.  What a fun night!
Our ward hosted a fantastic Christmas party.  At the end each child got a special visit with Santa.  Here are my three Primary aged kids.  Abi thought she was too old to visit with St. Nick.
Every year I look forward to the 7th District Bar Association Party.  I love dressing up in my fancy dress and going out with my handsome attorney husband.  This year we went with our good friends, Sean and Jessi Coletti, so our company was wonderful.
Abi performed in the Idaho Falls School of Ballet's production of "The Twelve Days of Christmas"  Abi danced as a Calling Bird.  Who knew that a bird would be so lovely and graceful.

No comments: