Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Happy Easter

Dyeing the Easter Eggs
(I'm not sure what these faces mean, but we had a good time.)

Abi and Tal look smashing in their new Easter outfits. Cheeeeeeeeese!!!
Abi, Tal and cousin Walker made a haul at Grandma Hayes's.

With Easter's early arrival we thought we'd be hunting eggs in the snow but enough grass was peeking out for us to have a few egg hunts. We dyed our eggs as a family on Friday night. We had some really vivid eggs and the kids loved decorating them with the stickers as well. Sunday morning the Easter Bunny visited our house bright and early to hide the eggs and baskets. Abi and Tal are terrific finders. They received those little individual cereal boxes of the kinds mom never buys (Lucky Charms, Cocoa Puffs etc.), candy and a new Liken movie to share. This one is Nephi and Laban. We really enjoy these movies for Sunday movie watching. Abi and Tal looked adorable in their Easter outfits. After church we went to Grandma Hayes for a family dinner and an egg hunt. Then at 4:00 we went to Nana and Papa Fife's for dinner and another egg hunt. I made the traditional Bunny Cake made famous by my late Grandma Rock. Unfortunately I didn't take a pic. The kids received so much candy. Hopefully they will eat it quickly because jelly beans and Easter candy are my favorite and it doesn't last long in my sight.

4 comments:

Monk Family said...

The kids look so cute! You are making lasting memories for those little munchkins. I remember one year I made Natalie and I matching dresses for Easter. We had to do a fashion show and we taped it, we love to go back and watch and laugh. Oh, the joy of being a parent and now a grandparent. Honesty, that is what life is all about isn't it? Enjoy those little ones, they grow up so fast.

Aaron said...

Cute little scrunchmuffins. I love their adorable outfits. Thanks for sharing!!!

Ranay said...

So much fun! I love the Easter clothes!!

Jeff and Angela Boyle said...

Oh man, Tal is tall! I can't wait to see the new little one! Love Abi's easter dress!