Sunday, March 2, 2008

Joining the ranks of the Soccer Mom

Finally, we have succumbed to the minivan madness. With the upcoming arrival of "the Littlest Meek" or "Sweetie" as we call her, we had to expand. You just can't fit three car seats in the back of a Maxima. We had been looking for months and finally found the one for us, a 2005 Chevrolet Uplander. We bought our last car just a year after we were married so we have been driving our cars for 7 & 8 years and 80,000 miles. I am soooooooo excited to have my van. It has power sliding doors which I love and a DVD player which the kids love, though they have been lectured that it is only for longer trips and special occasions. Our other cars were 12 and 16 years old respectively so our Uplander has bells and whistles I didn't even know existed. I feel sooooooo spoiled. I drive like a grandma, "don't touch my van." But I must admit, when I was running errands while the kids were in school I felt a little lonely all by myself in a van. A big THANK YOU to my wonderful husband who works so hard to take good care of us.

6 comments:

Aaron said...

Yeah!!! So happy for you! Now you can cart the whole neighborhood to soccer, dance or whatever the current community function is.

Jeff and Angela Boyle said...

Welcome to the club! I wish we had a DVD in our van - the kids would love it. Sounds like you guys are doing well. Keep us posted on the babe.
Ang

Ranay said...

Somehow a few of the links on my blog were deleted, so I've been missing out on reading your blog. Such a cute background and I love all your posts - it was fun to read them!

Brooke Monk said...

Donalee-your blog is so cute! I'm glad Nancy gave me the link so we can keep up on the news with your family. If you want to check out our blog the link is: emilyelizabeth-monkfamily.blogspot.
com. I'm so excited about your new van! I'm jealous-I want a van but Steven doesn't...I bet I'll win someday! Brooke

Aaron said...

Malia is off for Spring break the 17-21st. Is it normal for your kids to only get a long weekend for spring break? Weird. We are totally looking forward to the whole week off. The kids have swim lessons each morning and we are planning some fun things. We definitely need to plan something before we are gone to Boston. What about some fun this summer?

Julie Ann said...

The green monster of jealousy is sitting on my shoulder while I read your post. I am happy for you, though! It is beautiful on the outside, I just might have to catch a ride sometime so I can check out the interior!