Monday, June 22, 2009

Catching up with Abi

Blurb.com is finally supporting Blogger's platform again. Yeah!!!! For me, this means that I can slurp my blog into a book and with a little tweaking I can call it my journal and one day even print it out. For you, dear readers, this means I will strive to be much more consistent in my blogging. And if I'm actually blogging, hopefully I will snag a minute or two to read and comment on all of my friends as well. :)
Abi had waited and waited and not so patiently counted down to this day for years. Getting your ears pierced is a big day in a girl's life. She had to wait until she was eight, if you can be baptized you should be responsible enough to get your ears pierced we reasoned. However she had to wait until after soccer was over so that pushed the big day back until June. My sister Kalene and I took our daughters, Gabby and Abi, together to Claire's ( the same place we had gotten our ears pierced except that we had to be ten.) Abi picked out a cute little pair of emerald studs because they are her birthstone. She was a bit nervous but she hopped right up in the chair after Gabby decided that Abi should be first. She was very brave and even told Gabby that it didn't really hurt, just a little pinch.Here they are modeling their newly pierced ears and dreaming of when 8 weeks are done and they can buy some of these fun, new earrings to wear. Abi already has her heart set on some flip-flop earrings.
Abi's Activity Day Group threw a Parent's Night Out for us, their parents. With their leader's help they went shopping to price different menu options, created a menu, bought the food, made the food and served us dinner. For dinner we had salad, spaghetti, garlic bread, punch and cake for dessert. The girls did a fantastic job and passed off one of their Faith in God goals.
For our evenings enjoyment we got to hear a talent from each of the girls that they had been working on. Abi has been learning to play the piano from me and played "We'll Bring the World His Truth." Congratulations Abi on all of your hard work. Huge shout out to their leader, Sharlene, who is so amazing, creative, exciting and talented.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

She is getting so big. We will have to find a time to get together and let the kids play