Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Catching up with Talmage

One of those huge benefits of being a Stay At Home Mom is that I can do fun things like go on my kids' field trips. When I was working I never knew about these things far enough in advance to get myself off. Leah and I accompanied Talmage's Kindergarten class to the Tautphus Park Zoo. Thankfully, I only had to be responsible for him and 2 other kids as we followed our docent about.
Every time we go he has to hop on this tiger and get his cheesy picture taken. "Mom, Take my picture!!!!!" After the zoo they had lunch at the park and then got to play lots of games like kickball. Amazingly it was one of our few hot and sunny days this spring.
Tuesday, May 26th was Talmage's Kindergarten Graduation. It was sooo cute to see the kids all march in to Pomp and Circumstance with their little blue caps on. They regailed us with the school song and a few others of which my favorite was "Wiggle Like a Wiggle Worm." For the Principal's remarks he called a few of the students up and asked them questions. When he called on Talmage my heart sank as you never know what your son is going to come up with when he's in the spotlight. For the most part he was cute and fun, "Yes, he liked school and his teacher." When he asked him what he would do for the summer, Tal said "Sleep In." HaHa. On school days I have to threaten, bribe, and ultimately drag him out of bed for school. But on the weekend or a day off from school he is up with the sun at 6:00 and waking the rest of the house up too.
Tal really liked his teacher. His favorite was when she would read "Skippy John Jones" with all of the different voices.
Tal's last soccer game was rained out so this one ended up being the last. It was fun to see Tal and the rest of the Fireballs improve to where they could pass the ball to each other and try to score goals. The best part was always running through the tunnel at the end and the treats.

No comments: