Monday, March 29, 2010

True Love ......and Why I Won't Read the "Twilight Books"

I know that everyone thinks I'm crazy, but I have not and most likely never will ( never say never) read the Twilight Books. Now, that's not saying I won't see the movies, which I have and I quite enjoyed for a Girls Day Out, but the books are another story. Why?...........

Because I am a big believer in True Love. Once upon a time I read those romance novels by authors like Anita Stansfield and Nicholas Sparks, and I loved them, I devoured them. But then I would find myself angry with my husband. Why? Because he didn't talk, or think, or do things like the men in those books. And then I came to the realization, that those weren't real men. No man I know talks, or thinks or acts like that. My husband Kris showed me True Love and that is what marriage is all about. True love is washing the dishes for me nearly every night. True love is snuggling up on our love seat to watch the Office and The Marriage Ref while we laugh and laugh. True love is going on a walk with the kids and I around the block. True love is getting up and leaving for work by 7:00 am so that he can provide for us and still be home for dinner.
True love is spending a whole Saturday carpeting a bedroom for us. My husband learned a lot about true love from my dad who came over after working all night and helped carpet our bedroom. ( My dad is a great example of true love.)
True love is spending our tax return on a new bedroom set instead of the dirt bike that his heart is longing for. I am sooooooo spoiled. Our bedroom feels like a hotel. I love it!!!
True love is being the greatest father to these little cuties. I let them wear their Easter clothes to church this Sunday as General Conference is on Easter. My girls just adore their Dad and Tal wants to be just like him. I never could get Tal to wear a vest, because Daddy didn't and he wants to look just like Dad. My husband Kris is my true love.

3 comments:

love bug momma said...

that's too cute. good for you!

Becca said...

Awesome post! Awesome bedroom set!

Sarah said...

This is why I love you so much! You are always reminding me about the good things in life and knowing that Nate and I will someday be able to snuggle together on the couch again...even with a little wiggle body between us!