Thursday, March 3, 2011

Chicken and Waffles, What?

Having grown up in the Mountain West, I had no exposure to soul food. So when my husband first heard about "Chicken and Waffles" I was totally opposed. You just don't mix dinner food in with your breakfast. But when his birthday rolled around, guess what he chose for dinner. As he said, "It's my birthday, so I get whatever I want." In our house at least, he's right. Thanks to Winco for the chicken and me for the waffles. Mix them together with some maple syrup and ... it's not to bad.
But this was better, Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake. Yummy!!! Happy 33rd Babe, I love you.

3 comments:

Scott and Gabby said...

We went to this great restaurant in Vegas called Hash House a go go (no, there was no dancing of any kind) and their speciality was chicken and waffles. Best place I've ever eaten!

Julie Ann said...

That last comment was from me, but my friend obviously utilized my computer!

Nicole said...

I have never had them, but wonder how they are. Way to grant his birthday wishes with a ? on how the food would be! I just ran across a waffle and cheese recipe. I kinda wanna try it.

Happy Birthday to Kris too!