Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Beginnings

Talmage was baptized on Saturday February 19th by his dad Kris. It was such a special day for him and we are so proud of him for making this big step in his life. We held a family baptism due to scheduling conflicts with the Stake baptism day. As a mom, I thought that the family baptism was an amazing experience. We filled the little center section of the Primary room with family and friends. Talmage's grandpa Terry Fife and great-grandma Arlene Hayes gave powerful and personal talks on baptism and the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Then Tal was baptized by his dad. Kris told me later that Tal said, "I'm glad I'm a boy because then I can baptize people in that warm water." The Howell cousins and Abi and Tal sang a special musical number, "If I Listen with My Heart." The whole program was so great because we had family members saying the prayers, leading the music, etc. Tal was then confirmed by his dad. We felt so blessed to have many family members able to stand in the confirmation circle including Papa Fife, Uncle Lee, Uncle Wynn, Uncle Brian, cousin Sam, Br Nelson - former Primary teacher, and Bishop Harris. After the program we enjoyed a tasty brunch that so many family members were willing to contribute to. We all felt so loved to have so many family members, ward members and friends support Tal on his special day.

Talmage with his former and current Primary Teachers
Br and Sis Nelson, Sis Klassen, Sis Roe and Sis Perez

Howell and Meek cousins
( Cousins Emily and Justin did not want to be in the picture.)
Turning eight also means beginning the adventure of Cub Scouts. Tal was so proud to wear his new uniform to his first den meeting. Just a week later we had the Blue and Gold Banquet for Pack Meeting. Tal and I made this cake for the decorating contest. When I say Tal and I, I really mean it. He mixed the cake. He mixed the frosting. I did most of the base layer of frosting but he dried it with the hair dryer ( we were in a hurry). Then I taught him how to make stars and shells and he decorated the cake. When his hand got tired I helped him squeeze the bag and guide him a little but he did the decorating. I'm really proud of him and how well it turned out.

2 comments:

Monk Family said...

i can't believe how fast your kids are growing up! you are such a good mom, donnalee. i hope you know how much i admire you!

Nicole said...

What an awesome day!