Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sixth Grade Graduation


Just knowing that this day was coming was enough to make me cry for the week prior to 6th Grade Graduation.  I had been working with the whole 6th grade on their graduation songs for about 6 weeks and I knew that I would get so emotional.  When Abi walked in, my heart jumped up into my throat but mostly I was proud of her, her hard work and all of her accomplishments.  Papa Fife came to see Abi in this big day too.

During the program the 6th Grade sang two songs, Unwritten by Natasha Bettingfield and The Climb by Miley Cyrus.  After all of our hard work with enunciation, notes and rhythm especially on the clapping, I was thrilled to hear them sing so well.  They really represented themselves well.  It is a tradition for the students to sing Unwritten so I was proud when several parents told me that this year's performance was the best they had heard.  One of Abi's good friends, Matt Miller, was one of the student speakers.
Abi shaking hands with her counselor Mrs. White and receiving her diploma from Mr Gauchay.
Our family is so proud and excited for Abi and this next step in her life.
Friends: Elizabeth Whitley, Taylor Lords, MaKenzie Welch, Abi, Aubrey Hatch, and Elle Russon.
May 21, 2013

No comments: