Sunday, July 14, 2013

Memorial Day - Remembering our Loved Ones

We love spending Memorial Day each year with our family and remembering those who have passed on.  Abi created this festive hairdo for Leah before we went out.
We visited the Field of Honor Memorial at Freeman Park this year.  There were over 1000 flags posted to remember and honor those fallen in battle.  It is a solemn site to see.
I hope that my kids will someday grasp the significance of this... I think I am still trying to.
We also spend the day visiting the graves of my and Kris's grandparents who have passed.  I enjoy making bouquets from the flowers out of my yard to decorate each grave with.  It may seem a little silly, but I find it a little extra special that my flowers come from my yard where I baby and love them into bloom every year.  It's like I am putting a little piece of me out there to show my love for our grandparents.  I hope that my kids will "get this" someday too.
May 27, 2013

No comments: