Sunday, March 2, 2014

A Ghoulishly Good Time

I was so thrilled with how our Family reunion shirts turned out with the bleach pen that I tried a few more for Halloween.  Unfortunately I had grabbed poly-cotton blend shirts and Michael's and the bleach didn't take.  I resorted to black puffy paint and the girls loved them.  Both Leah and Eva modeled theirs with "crazy eyes."
In my efforts to be a "fun" mom, I went all out with our Halloween dinner this year.  We had Mummy Dogs, Witches Fingers, Ghoul Eyeballs, Creature Stew and Witches Brew.  Yum!!!
The kids weren't phased by our gruesome dinner at all.  They dove right in.  Mostly because I said that they had to eat before we went Trick Or Treating.
Abi and Eva dressed up as Thing One and Thing Two of The Cat In The Hat fame.  Eva wasn't one bit interested in wearing the blue fluffy hairpiece I made for her.  But she loved the little bit of lipstick on her nose.  Leah was a black kitty, with a black tutu of course.  She loved her tail and ears and wore them around the house from the day we bought them through Halloween until she probably wore them out.  Tal flip flopped around on costume ideas but finally settled on a Black Ninja.  Watch Out!
When I say "Strike a Pose" they really get into it.  Eva is giving us a little booty shake to show off her tutu but the still shot doesn't quite give you the whole effect.
Even Kris and I got into the spirit this year as "The Doctor" and "Rose Tyler" of  Dr Who fame.  
October 31, 2013

No comments: