Sunday, March 23, 2014

It's Potty Time!

I will be honest, I was avoiding potty training Eva.  One by one her little Nursery-mates became potty trained and still I put it off.  Maybe I was holding onto my baby a little bit, but mostly I was dreading the months longs agony and hassle of potty training that my other two girls had put me through.  But then Eva started staying dry at night and I figured I had better not miss my last best opportunity.

We started on a Friday and I jumped in with  the 3-Day Potty Training method, modified a bit for my sanity.  Basically you let your child run around bare bottomed for 3 days while pumping them full of juice, water and salty snacks.  You are supposed to have little potties in each room, but I skipped that and just went with our one potty seat that fits on the toilet in the main bath.  Eva didn't like being bare bottomed so we went with just panties on day one.  You are also supposed to stay home for 3 days but I am a busy mom so we went with pull-ups when we had to go out.  The first day we had several accidents but also 3 successes and at the end of the day, I was exhausted.  Eva and I developed a little high five and butt shake routine to celebrate success along with stickers on her sticker chart.  Day Two we had even more successes and took a little trip to the park, she stayed dry in her pull-up.  Day Three was church and a family party so she wore a pull-up a lot but only had 3 accidents.  By Monday we were cruising along.  She would tell me when she needed to go and nearly always made it to the potty in time.  She insisted on wearing pants over her panties and did great. The rest of our week progressed amazingly well.  I almost want to pinch myself that she was so easy.  After a few misses Eva even has #2 under control.  High Five, butt shake, Wahoo for us!

No comments: