Thursday, February 5, 2009

Leah at 8 months

Our little Lulu is growing up so big and so fast. She is such a delight in our family. She has been standing with help for months now but she is getting steady enough to stand by herself holding onto furniture. She has NO interest in crawling or on being on her tummy. I make her tough it out though by having tummy time every day where we try to play for a few minutes hoping that she will be encouraged. But so far she is content to sit and play with her toys and "Uh, Uh "at me when they get out of reach so that I can bring them back for her.
Leah did master picking up bites of food and bringing them to her mouth this month. It is absolutely adorable to watch her feed herself banana puffs, crackers, or bits of bread or pancakes. She is so dainty using just her thumb and forefinger. But then she smears is all over her face. She also tried nibbles of ice cream and cookies and thought they were wonderful. She would open her mouth like a little baby bird and go "Uh, Uh" until I gave her another taste. We have been trying baby sign with her for a few words. Last night Kris and I both swore she was signing "cookie" at dinner. (Cookies are arrowroot biscuits, above.)

Leah is such a good baby. She can be content for 20 minutes playing with her toys or watching a Baby Einstein movie. She likes to play in this little saucer by me in the kitchen while I make dinner. Like I said, I only have about 20 minutes but I can get a lot done in 20 minutes. She has been pretty stingy with hugs and kisses in the past but she is getting more cuddly again. When Kris comes home at night she is absolutely ecstatic. She will wave her arms around excitedly and grin at him until her picks her up and loves her. She loves to play games with us like Peek a Boo and this falling backwards game she plays with her dad. Leah takes 2 regular naps now, a morning one for about 1 to 1-1/2 hours, and then again an afternoon nap for about the same time. (That's when I try to exercise, shower, and get all of my stuff done.) I wish I could say we are sleeping through the night but we have good nights and not so good nights. One night she slept clear through until 6 AM to nurse and then back to sleep until 8 AM. She goes to bed about 8:30 PM just after Abi and Tal but then will wake up 2-3 times during the night just because. I try to just pop her binky in and wrap her back up until about 4 or later when I will nurse her. We may have to have another "Cry it out" weekend this weekend to work on the sleeping.


2 comments:

Ranay said...

She is so cute! I just can't believe how time flies and how big she already is! Exciting times!

Unknown said...

I cant believe how big she keeps getting, they grow up too fast.