Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Things I've Been Wanting to Blog About

Several things have been on my mind but sadly I never seem to find the time to blog/journal as much as I would like. So here goes: briefly and in no particular order.

What a momentous day. Regardless of how you voted or what your particular feelings are regarding his policies, what a remarkable moment in history. I watched it on TV and felt such a weight and presence in the moment that he took the oath of office. Abi watched it at school, Kris watched at work, and I DVR'd it and we watched with Talmage that night. I want my kids to understand the significance of the moment, to honor the office of the president and we pray for him to lead us in this uncertain time.



My handsome and awesome husband bought me a Wii Fit for Christmas. This really was a thoughtful gift because he knows I enjoy working out but can't get to a gym right now in my life. It's really fun to get on and see my Mii as well as track my weight and BMI. The yoga is fair, good for beginners, but I do like how it helps you focus on your balance. The strength training is remarkably good. I'm terrible at the balance games but they are entertaining and my kids like them as well. In aerobics you have to work up your time, so 3 minutes of step or running is not really a challenge for me but I do enjoy a good Hula Hoop.


Fife Girl's Day Out. This is a tradition that sadly we have not done often enough. Here are all the Fife Girls - my mom and 2 sisters, nieces and my girls. We enjoyed lunch at the Snakebite, a little window shopping at Lemon Meringue and Pandora's Baubles and Beads, and then went bowling at Bowlero.


Tal and Leah are so fun together. She loves to play with toys now and Tal is really good at helping her. He pops up the popper and she puts the lids down and then we all clap for her.


My winter therapy. I dream and plan and make wish lists. And then I have to pare them down to what I can really afford and accomplish in a year. This year I want to finish my garden around our fountain in front and make a perennial border to go along the front of the house. It's on the north side so my options are limited but I'm dreaming of bleeding hearts, Solomon's seal, hostas, lilies ( I hope), lenten rose and cranesbill. If you have any other shade loving favorites, let me know.


Leah is just so darn cute in the tub. She loves her bath toys that Abi and Tal bought her for Christmas. She is such a wonderful baby. She has such a sweet tempermant, sometimes I wonder if she is really my child. I just love her to bits.


Tal started Tae Kwon Do this January as a Christmas present. I am really impressed with the focus and respect he is learning. He is picking it up quickly and already has 2 stripes on his white belt. He loves doing power punches and front kicks, but is very good about NOT practicing on people.


"There is no charge for awesomeness." Not only is he handsome, smart and funny. He is a great husband and father. He took Human Rights Day off from work to stay home with the kids and I. He is very helpful around the house, doing dishes, folding laundry and picking up. Abi, Tal and Leah adore him and squeal "Daddy" when he walks in the door. (I don't get that :) He loves to play Wii with them and is getting really good at Guitar Hero. He works really hard at his job and is a great provider. He honors his priesthood and is the leader in our home. He fulfills his calling as EQP and is really concerned with the people in our ward. And our alone time: M-m-m.
I love you babe.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Hey Donalee! Wow, you guys seem pretty busy! Leah is so cute and Tal and Abi have grown a lot! I got to try out a Wii fit at a friend's house. My favorite too was the ski jump and the hula hoop. Awesome stuff! Thanks for the Christmas newsletter too!

Ranay said...

What fun post, Donalee! I would love to watch you do the Hula Hoop! Hee hee!

Ali said...

Sounds like you continue to be a busy and happy family.

Nicole said...

I love this post. Especially your "tribute" to your husband. That is so special.