Saturday, April 11, 2009

10 Months and Soooo Adorable

Leah is the light of our family. I can't believe that my baby is growing up soooo big. She has the sweetest temperament and is learning and doing so much every day. Leah gives great kisses and hugs, especially after family prayer and on waking up from her naps. She still scoots around the house but she is really fast now. She is starting to pull up on everything: the couch, the chairs, Mom's legs are a favorite. But then she gets stuck and can't get down so she will start squealing. You can always tell where Leah has been because she leaves a little trail of destruction. A typical 20 minutes includes unloading the bathroom cupboard, unloading the bookshelf, unloading the DVD's from the entertainment center, unloading the magazine rack, and pulling off all of the CD's from under the computer desk. And if I ever get out of sight she will scoot around the house saying, "Mom, Mom."
Leah also has quite the independent streak. She decided that she didn't like to sit in her big high chair and would stand up in the middle of eating. So we moved to this little high chair which she seems to like better. She prefers to feed herself and when she is done she will throw the rest of her meal on the floor. If I shake my head and say "No, No" she will smile and shake her head back at me. Her favorite foods are macaroni and cheese, peaches, peas, cheese and yogurt. Tonight Kris gave her a drink of his punch and when he took his cup away she squealed and put up a fuss until she received several more drinks, ditto for an after dinner cookie.
Her hair has started to curl on top, to my delight, and I like to put gel in it and curl it up. Leah likes to look in the mirror while we do this but then she likes to run her hands through her hair and make it all crazy. She is fascinated with the baby in the mirror. I put her in front of our long mirrored closet doors and she likes to grab for and even kiss the baby in the mirror. She says Mom, Dadda, and Leah well and consistently now. Her new word is Abi, although she won't say it on command, she just likes to babble a conversation. Mom made her an Easter dress, you'll see more on the next post, and she loved finding the eggs at the Easter Egg Hunt. I hope I don't curse myself, but we are winning the war on naps and bedtime. She goes down really well most days, however we are still nursing 2x a night. Hopefully as we get closer to a year we will cut down to one. However, I don't mind spoiling her a little, OK a lot, and just love ( most of the time) this fleeting time when she is little.

1 comment:

Ranay said...

Oh soo adorable! Such a cutie. And I just had a great laugh at the comment you made about skim milk Holstein!