Sunday, April 5, 2009

Road Trip to my Jerusalem Center Reunion

This past weekend was my BYU Jerusalem Center 10 year reunion in Provo. I had not been on a road trip since we went to Boise when Kris was sworn into the Idaho State Bar. Sadly, in the past year the furthest I have ventured outside of Idaho Falls was to the St. Anthony Sand Dunes for family pics. So Kris and I decided to make a little adventure of our road trip and hit a few fun places on the way. Our first stop was Moochies Meatballs and More, made famous by one of our favorite Food Network Shows "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives." Philly Cheese steak - Awesome!!! Silly me though, I forgot to take our pics in front. We also hit an Asian market, drove by the construction next to Temple Square, strolled around Gateway Plaza, shopped at the Blue Chip Group and stopped at the Disneyland for Outdoorsmen - Cabellas. ( Did you know you can have your birthday party at Cabella's? Seriously.)

Next stop, my reunion at the Hinckley Alumni House at BYU. Beautiful by the way. I had so much fun catching up and reminiscing with my friends. Some of them came from so far away, I was amazed.
Here are my lovely roommates Amy and Rachael. ( Carli we missed you.) Love the red hair - It wasn't exactly supposed to be red but we went with it and had a great time anyway.
Here are some of my best friends from the JC - Vann, Rachael, (Me), Lloydell, Mindy, and Liz. Michelle and Carli we really missed you and I'm not sure where Jenny snuck off to for the pic. What wonderful memories I have of my time in Jerusalem and the testimony that grew there. Thanks to my wonderful husband who drove us down and back, chatted up my friends, and let me sleep on the way home.

No comments: