Monday, April 13, 2009

Hoppy Easter

Matchy, Matchy - I know it's so cliche' but what can I say. I want to take family pics in May when the weather is nicer outside so our outfits will serve double duty. I couldn't find matching dresses anywhere so at my sister's suggestion I broke down and made them. Now, I am not much of a seamstress so simple dresses turned into a huge project but at least they look cute. I made my skirt as well, another "Easy - 1 hour" pattern that took at least 5 hours, not including the hemming. Thanks to my mom for putting the zipper in for me.

We had a great time dyeing our eggs this year. We even tried some new techniques with stickers which gave us polka dot eggs. Cool. The kids were spoiled with 2 egg hunts by their grandmas and earned lots of candy and jelly beans for mom. :)

Over General Conference weekend Kris's cousins Erica and Angie came up from Las Vegas and Utah respectively to visit Grandma Hayes. Here are all of the great-grand kids, minus Emily Monk. They had a wonderful time playing all together and were nearly spastic over the Easter Egg hunt. Nana Meek - Jana, bought the girls all matching High School Musical shirts. The boys received other shirts and remote control cars which they had running everywhere.

The Saturday before Easter was cousin Gabby's baptism. What a special day for her. Tal and Sterling ended up with matching Easter suits, Kalene and I must have been on the same wave length. The girls all have the same style of smocking dresses although Kalene is a much better seamstress and added sleeves. We also had an Easter Egg hunt courtesy of Nana Fife and the kids were all spoiled royally.

2 comments:

Ranay said...

Your dresses- all three of them - turned out beautifully! You are a wonderful seamstress, a talent and skill I would love to be better at! What a cute little family you have!!

Becca said...

WOW!!! You are so talented! Chalk another one up for me to be jealous of you! Great job!