Monday, July 20, 2009

Big Changes and Blessings

Have you ever stopped and thought to yourself, " You know, life is pretty good right now?" If you haven't, DON'T. Heavenly Father always want to stretch us and for some reason he doesn't want us to get too contented and comfortable. What am I talking about? The first counselor in our bishopric was moving out but I felt very confident that they wouldn't move Kris out of the Elder's Quorum Presidency. Until........ I got the phone call on a Tuesday night from the Stake Executive Secretary inviting both of us in at 8:15 on Sunday morning to meet with the Stake President.

Well, I got off the phone, promptly called my mom and bawled about why this was not fair and that I was not ready to sit by myself on Sundays with 3 kids. As good moms do, she listened for a minute and then set me straight. Thank you mom. :) After that I took her advice to heart and decided to be grateful that my husband is worthy, willing and able to be called into the bishopric and that I need to saddle up and be willing and ready to support him. And surprisingly, I have been blessed with a feeling of peace ever since. Consequently, Kris was called to be the 2nd Counselor in our ward and was ordained to be a High Priest by my dad and then set apart. Wonderful members of our ward have offered to sit with us and we made it through the last 2 Sundays.

On a separate note I was called to be the Activity Day Girl's Leader. Yipee!!! I am really excited to get to spend this fun time with Abi and the other girls in our ward.
Blessing # 1: Callings that make us grow.
Blessing #2: A Heavenly Father that watches over us and knows our every need.

1 comment:

Anneka said...

Whenever life is going good for us, I always think, darn it, something is coming! Congrats to Kris! We're excited for his new calling, especially me, since he's over primary! He's a great guy and you guys are a wonderful family! We love being in this great ward with you! Oh, and Leah can come over to our bench any time and play with Samantha!