Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Not Sleeping

Notice the time - 3:15 or maybe a little later by the time I'm done. I wish I was sleeping, but my little babe has other ideas. She's been up since 1:00. You would think she'd be tired by now. I fed her. I snuggled her. I lay in my bed for over an hour while I listened to her cry. I brought her to bed and tried to get her to sleep. I nursed her again. She wants to play. Little Leah, you are toooo spoiled. She's back in her own bed, screaming now. I gave Kris a pair of earplugs. I hope that he sleeps. And here I am out at my computer because I can't bear to lie there and listen to her cry. I vacillate between wondering what could be wrong with her, feeling bad that I am letting her cry, and getting mad that I am not getting any sleep. I clench my jaw and grind my teeth, not because I want to, but because the sound of your own baby screaming is the worst sound in the world. And so, I blog. I love you Leah.

2 comments:

Kalia said...

Man, that's tough! Hopefully you can squeeze a nap in sometime, or at least get some good sleep tonight! Good luck! Love, Kalia

Sean, Jessi and Jaydn Coletti said...

Hi! I have been meaning to tell you that I have been listening to your bolg music for the past few weeks while I do my work out video. We saw Jon Schmit in a concert last year, and loved him! I'm glad the kids had a good first day- Jaydn did as well. I have a question- is your friend selling boxes of peaches again this year? Am I too late to get one?
Love Jessi